Fun for kids of all ages and excellent schools – Naples is a great place for families.
If you’re looking for a place where your kids can flourish, then consider moving to Naples. A safe and stable community, there are numerous attractions for families to enjoy year-round. And, with top public schools in the area, you and your children will enjoy all of the advantages The Paradise Coast offers families.
Take the kids to…
- Dive into one million gallons of water fun that is sure to thrill children, parents and grandparents alike at Collier County's newest attraction, Sun-N-Fun Lagoon.
- Play for the day at Tigertail Beach Community Park on nearby Marco Island – they’ll keep busy with a playground, water-sport rentals, concessions, a butterfly garden and a beach.
- See alligators, zebras, tigers and panthers at the Naples Zoo, which also has wildlife presentations for kids. Check out the historic botanical garden and a cruise past the island of monkeys.
- Ride a boat tour at the Conservancy Nature Center, where they will get their fill of turtles and snakes. You can also enjoy the wildlife from one of many walking trails.
Plus, you won’t want to miss the Old Florida Festival at the Collier County Museum. This annual celebration of Southwest Florida highlights major historical events and periods, including the Calusa Indians, the Seminoles, the British Infantry and pioneer life.
Swamp Buggy Races
Developed in the 1930s to make crossing the Everglades easier, Swamp Buggies were tall vehicles placed on large balloon tires. Mostly used by hunters, it was not long before they began to challenge one another for a race. Soon after, a tradition of racing began before each hunting season. Today, swamp buggies are actually designed for racing and no longer resemble the earlier vehicles, but the spirit lives on at the Florida Sports Park, home of the modern Swamp Buggy Races.
Naples is served by the District School Board of Collier County, which oversees several top schools.
- 59% of Collier County schools were graded as “high-performing schools” by the State of Florida.
- Collier County received the State of Florida Seal of Best Financial Management from the State Board of Education.
- 108 Collier County teachers are ranked as National Board Certified Teachers, serving as leaders in their schools and helping to transform today’s educational system.
- The school district and all of its schools are accredited by AdvanceED, the parent organization for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).