Breast Health Navigator
Breast Cancer – the words can be shocking to hear. NCH has available a breast health navigator to assist patients in need. The navigator provides information and support to patients who have a suspicious finding or have been diagnosed with breast cancer. She helps remove barriers to care for patients.
More specifically the navigator does the following:
- Helps patients with suspicious findings obtain a timely diagnosis and treatment.
- Keeps communication open with providers, caregivers and patients in order to coordinate services within NCH, outside facilities and the community.
- Makes sure that patients get to follow-up appointments and are aware of and can access needed services.
- Directs patients to local and national community resources
- Keeps in contact with patients while they are receiving care and tracks their progress.
NCH is a proud grantee of Susan G. Komen Southwest Florida. Through their generous grant we are able to assist women with screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and life saving surgeries. Please see all that Susan G. Komen has to offer at http://www.komenswfl.org
To contact the Breast Health Navigator, please call (239) 624-4988.