The NICU within the BirthPlace is the only neonatal intensive care unit in Collier County.
- Provides state of the art and compassionate family centered care for premature and ill newborns
- Has 24 hour a day in house board certified neonatologist coverage (pediatricians who have extra training in taking care of premature and seriously ill newborns )
- Staffed with neonatal ICU trained nurses and respiratory therapists
- Has pediatric pharmacy and pediatric dietary support, and a pediatric occupational therapy service with a certified feeding specialist
- Lactation support services are available even when you have gone home. Breast pumps are located in the NICU for your convenience
- Social service managers to assist you upon discharge
- Rooming in support for parents prior to discharge
- “Snuggler” volunteer services when medically stable to hold the babies when families are not able to be there all of the time.