|NCH Rehab Hospital Recognized for Exemplary Practice & Specialty Accreditations in Quality|
Naples, FL— June 13, 2013 — CARF International announced this week that NCH Healthcare System’s Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging & Rehabilitation has been awarded accreditation for a period of three years as a comprehensive inpatient program with additional specialty accreditations in the Stroke Specialty Program and Case Management.
This accreditation decision represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization and shows the organization’s substantial conformance to the CARF standards. An organization receiving a Three-Year Accreditation has put itself through a rigorous peer review process. It has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit its commitment to offering programs and services that are measurable, accountable, and of the highest quality.
“As Collier County’s only comprehensive rehab hospital it’s gratifying to receive this accreditation from CARF. I would encourage patients and providers to review CARF survey results when considering inpatient rehab,” says Dr. David Pitts, medical director for the Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging & Rehabilitation.
The CARF survey report highlights strengths of the Brookdale Center including:
Exemplary recognition spoke to:
- Leaders demonstrate a patient-centered approach in their desire to do what is best for the patients.
- The new location and space enhance the rehabilitation experience and self–worth and dignity of both persons served and staff.
- Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging & Rehabilitation is complimented for its participation in a joint research project with Florida Gulf Coast University and the stroke specialty program rehabilitation team.
- The Stroke Service Line Stakeholders’ Guide is comprehensive and informative and an exceptional resource. The guide highlights the strengths and benefits of the program, assisting with increasing referrals to the stroke specialty program.
The Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging & Rehabilitation is a nonprofit organization, operating at the NCH North Naples Hospital Campus, serving Collier County and the surrounding area for 25 years.
- The quality and focus of its case management functions, staff members developed its SHARE discharge outcome risk assessment. The assessment includes measures for self- efficacy, health literacy, admission Functional Independence Measure (FIM) level, readmission risk, and environmental factors and represents a formalized approach to assess and quantify critical issues impacting each patient’s successful discharge.
For more information about the accreditation process, please visit the CARF website at www.carf.org.
For more information, on the Brookdale Center, contact (239)552-7222 or visit the website at www.nchmd.org/brookdale