NCH Outpatient Rehabilitation Services is pleased to provide an aquatic therapy program at our outpatient clinic at The Briggs Health Pavilion, Naples downtown. We have physical therapists who specialize in aquatic treatment programs. Upon successful completion of your aquatic physical therapy program, we may recommend that you continue to our aquatic maintenance class to remain at your optimal level. Aquatic Therapy:
Many orthopedic and neurological conditions can be treated effectively with aquatic therapy. Our aquatic pool was built to our specifications for the best therapeutic intervention and has varying depths and is specially heated to achieve the best results.
We utilize exercise equipment designed for use in the pool. Buoyancy of water decreases the stress gravity places on the body and affords minimal compression on joints. For individuals that are unable to tolerate exercise on land, aquatic therapy may help. Water generally helps muscles relax and encourages flexibility.
Medical conditions that can be treated by a physical therapist, specializing in aquatic therapy include:
- Back pain: Herniated Disc, Degenerative Disc Disease, Sacroiliac, Stenosis, & Spinal Fusion
- Lumbar/Cervical strain or sprain
- Spinal cord injuries
- Osteoporosis with the goal of transitioning to land-based exercise.
- Shoulder Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Repair with clearance from surgeon
- Knee pain
- Post-operative knee & hip replacement with clearance from surgeon
- Post-Stroke –therapy may help improve balance, improve extremity weakness, & mobility (ROM)
- Balance Dysfunction
- Cerebral Palsy
Aquatic therapy can be a wonderful treatment strategy. Ask your physician if aquatic therapy may help complement your
treatment plan. We look forward to being a resource for you. Contact the NCH Outpatient Rehab Department