History of The NCH Healthcare System Facilities
1950’s – The Beginnings
Naples Memorial Hospital, Inc. was founded in 1953, and chartered in November 11, 1955.
The Hospital opened its doors and unveiled its original 50 beds to the public on March 7, 1956. The name was later changed to Naples Community Hospital, Inc., and its sole purpose was to provide for the comprehensive health care needs of the residents of and visitors to the surrounding area. The private, not-for-profit corporation was originally financed exclusively by concerned citizens of the greater Naples area.