NCH Comprehensive Stroke Center
NCH is committed to better stroke care and has cutting edge techniques and advanced equipment that allow us to deliver FAST stroke care.
- NCH received AHA "Get with The Guidelines - Stroke Silver Quality Achievement Award"
- NCH is a Joint Commission designated Primary Stroke Center
- NCH is the only AHCA designated Comprehensive Stroke Center in Collier County
- NCH has 16 Neurologists, 6 Neurosurgeons, 6 Teleneurologist and 2 Interventional Radiologists to treat stroke
Stroke is An Emergency! Act F.A.S.T.
- F - Face. Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
- A - Arms. Ask the person to raise both arms. Is one arm numb or drift downward?
- S - Speech. Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence. Are their words slurred? Can the person repeat the sentence correctly?
- T - Time. If the person shows any of these signs CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY! Getting that person to the hospital as quickly as possible is the key to minimizing the damage of stroke!