Standing or sitting for long periods of time can take a toll on your muscles. To prevent or reduce stiffness and pain, try simple office stretches throughout the day. Perform these stretches several times throughout the day to help keep your muscles from feeling sore and tight.
Start by stretching the back of your shoulder:
- Place one hand under your elbow.
- Lift your elbow and stretch it across your chest. Don't rotate your body as you stretch.
- Hold the stretch for 30 seconds. You'll feel tension in the back of your shoulder.
- Relax and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the stretch with the other arm.