Alvaro Zamora, MD
Thoracic outlet syndrome, thoracic aortic disease, pelvic congestion syndrome, carotid disease, abdominal aortic aneurysms and limb salvage
About Dr. Zamora
Dr. Zamora graduated from the Universidad Americana (UAM), in Managua, Nicaragua. He completed his general surgery residency at Virginia Tech’s Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, Virginia and then completed his vascular surgery fellowship at the University of Virginia Health System.
Dr. Zamora is an extensively published physician with many professional affiliations including the Society of Vascular Surgery, American College of Surgeons, Florida Vascular Society, South Florida Society of Vascular Surgery and Collier Medical Society.
Fluent in English, Spanish and German, Dr. Zamora enjoys volunteering. He volunteered in Managua, Nicaragua to provide hurricane relief and routine medical care. He also acquired a profound understanding of diverse trauma situations and acute patient management from his training from the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida.
- Universidad Americana (UAM), in Managua, Nicaragua
- Virginia Tech’s Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, VA
- University of Virginia Health System
1. Knott DO, EM. Zamora MD, AJ. Cavett MD, C. Wattsman MD, T. Earlier surgical intervention for patent ductus arteriosus for extremely premature neonates may be beneficial. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
2. Johnston MD, WF. Zamora MD, AJ. Upchurch MD, GR. Transient paralysis from carbon dioxide angiography in a patient following four-vessel endovascular TAAA repair. Journal of Vascular Surgery.
3. Rajasinghe MD H. Chahwan MD, S. Zamora MD, AJ. Underutilization of artificial intelligence by vascular specialists. Journal of Vascular Surgery