Terrence Longe, MD
Noninvasive Cardiology and Cardiac Imaging
Cardiac and vascular cross-sectional imaging, cardiovascular CTA and cardiac MRI
About Dr. Longe
Dr. Longe completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He then attended Wayne State University Medical School in Detroit, Michigan. He completed an internal medicine residency at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan followed by a cardiology fellowship at Northwestern University Medical Center in Chicago. Dr. Longe also completed an invasive cardiology fellowship at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, Illinois before joining The Minneapolis Heart Institute, where he worked for 33 years.
Dr. Longe has been practicing cardiology for more than thirty years. He has extensive cardiac and vascular cross-sectional imaging experience with a sub-specialty in cardiovascular CTA and cardiac MRI. He’s been voted a “Top Doc” annually in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area for many years by his peers and received the Golden Larynx Award for being a good communicator in his clinical practice.
Dr. Longe joins us from the Minneapolis Heart Institute where he held several leadership roles and started the transesophageal echocardiogram program there. He enjoys seeing patients and has extensive practice as a general and preventative cardiologist. In his free time, Dr. Longe enjoys golf, travel, hunting and spending time with his wife, who is a nurse, and their five children.
• Wayne State University
• William Beaumont Hospital
• Northwestern University Medical Center
• Evanston Hospital
• Nuclear Cardiology
• Internal Medicine
1. Lesser JR, Han BK, Longe T, Knickelbine T, Newell M, Mooney M, Schwartz RS. (2018) FFR-CT for the Selection of a Patient and Vessel for Revascularization: A Case Report. Journal of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation: Spring/Summer 2018, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 51-53.
2. Newell MC, Strauss CE, Freier T, Abdelhadi R, Chu M, Campbell AR, Eckman P, Hurrell DG, Lesser JR, Lindgren-Clendenen D, Longe TF, Miedema MD Design and Initial Results of the Minneapolis Heart Institute TeleHeart Program. Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2017;10: e003904
3. Stark M, Schwartz R, Lesser JR, Sharkey S, Garberich R, Solie C, Longe T, Larson D, Henry T; “No Culprit” STElevation Infarction: Role of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Establishing a Definitive Etiology. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;59 (13s10: E409, 27 March 2012
4. Miedema MD, Garberich RF, Knickelbine TA, Longe TF, Henry TD. Prevalence of Premature Coronary Heart Disease and Female Gender in Patients Presenting with ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Circulation.2011;124: A10806
5. Schwartz JG, Merkel-Kraus S, Duval S, Harris K, Peichel G, Lesser JR, Knickelbine T, Flygenring B, Longe T, Pastorius C, Roberts WR, Oesterle SC, Schwartz RS. Does Longterm Endurance Running Enhance or Inhibit Coronary Artery Plaque Formation? A Prospective Multidetector CTA Study of Men Completing Marathons For at Least 25 Consecutive Years. J Am Coll Cardiol.2010; 55(10s1); A173.E1624; 9 March 2010
6. Lesser JR, Flygenring BJ, Knickelbine T, Longe T, Schwartz RS. Practical approaches to overcoming artifacts in coronary CT angiography. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr, 2009 Jan-Feb; 3(1):4-15
7. Menon M, Lesser JR, Hara H, Birkett R, Knickelbine T, Longe T, Flygenring B, Henry J, Schwartz RS; Multidetector CT coronary angiography for patient triage to invasive angiography: Performance and cost in ambulatory patients with equivocal or suspected inaccurate noninvasive stress tests; Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009 Mar 1; 73(4):497-502, vol 73, issue 4, pp497-502, March 2009
8. Knickelbine T, Lesser JR, Haas TS, Brandenburg ER, Gleason-Han K, Flygenring B, Longe TF, Schwartz RS, Maron BJ; Identification of Unexpected Nonatherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease with Coronary CT Angiography; J Am Coll Cardiol: Cardiovasc Imaging.2009 Sep; 2(9): 1085-92
9. Brandenburg ER, Knickelbine T, Walsh TL, Gleason K, Flygenring B, Longe TF, Schwartz RS, Lesser JL, Maron BJ. Fortuitous Identification of Non-Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease by Computed Tomography in 4,543 Patients. ACC Poster Session 2008
10. Lesser JR, Flygenring B, Hirsch AT, Knickelbine T, Longe T, Schwartz RS. Cardiovascular CT: Assessment of the Lower Extremity Vasculature; MJ Budoff, JS Shinbane (eds) Handbook of Cardiovascular CT, Springer-Verlag 2008
11. Pastorius CA, Merkel-Kraus S, Schwartz JG, Schwartz RS, Pink V, Peichel G, Lesser JR, Knickelbine T, Flygenring B, Longe TL, Duval S. Coronary Artery Plaque Spatial Distribution Matches that of Thrombosis in STEMI and is Underestimated by Calcified Plaque Segments Alone. Originally published28 Oct 2008 https://doi.org/10.1161/circ.118.suppl_18.S_582-cCirculation. 2008;118:S_582
12. Knickelbine T, Aggarwal N, Flygenring B, Longe TF, Maron BJ, Schwartz RS, Lesser JR. Clinical Events and MSCTA Anatomy in Anomalous Coronary Artery Arising from the Opposite Coronary Sinus (AOCOS): Relationship of the Pulmonary Valve, Slit-like Orifice, and Arterial Course. Originally published16 Oct 2007 https://doi.org/10.1161/circ.116.suppl_16.II_574-aCirculation. 2007;116: II_574
13. Dirks T, Ellingson MT, Thielman M, Longe T, Hauser R. Improved Prognosis in Isolated Left Ventricular Noncompaction: Follow-Up Study of 39 Patients. ACC Poster Session 2007
14. Dirks T, Ellingson MT Thielman, Longe T, Hauser R. Comparison of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Echocardiography for Identifying Left Ventricular Noncompaction Cardiomyopathy in a Referral Center. ACC Poster Session 2007
15. Pedersen WR, Van Tassel RA, Pierce TA, Pence DM, Monyak DJ, Kim TH, Harris KM, Knickelbine T, Lesser JR, Madison JD, Mooney MR, Goldenberg IF, Longe TF, Poulose AK, Graham KJ, Nelson RR, Pritzker MR, Pagan- Carlo LA, Boisjolie CR, Zenovich AG, Schwartz RS. Radiation Following Percutaneous Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty to Prevent Restenosis (RADAR Pilot Trial). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2006 Aug; 68(2):183-92
16. Sharkey SW, Lesser JR, Zenovich A, Maron M, Lindberg JL, Longe TF, Maron BJ. Acute and Reversible Cardiomyopathy Provoked by Stress in Women from the United States. Circulation 2005; 111:472-479. Winner of the “Best Paper Award” for Circulation in the Category of Clinical Science 2005
17. Longe TF, Almquist A, Batts K, Eales F, Lindberg J, Johnson K, Tadavarthy SM, Schwartz RS, Lesser JR. Early Aortic Intimal Tear without Hematoma or Dissection: Early Diagnosis by Cardiac MRI. Heart 2005 March; 91(3): 416
18. Lesser JR, Flygenring B, Bankwala Z, Longe T, Sharkey S, Schwartz RS. Intraseptal Course of an Anomalous Left Main: Identification with Coronary CT Angiography. Accepted by Circulation 2004.
19. Harris KM, Schum KR, Knickelbine T, Hurrell DG, Koehler JL, Longe TF. Comparison of Diagnostic Quality of Motion Picture Experts Group-2 Digital Video with Super VHS Videotape for Echocardiographic Imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2003; 16:8, p880-4.
20. Emery RW, Petersen RJ, Kersten TE, Stokman P, Harris KM, Knickelbine T, Longe TF, Macaya J, Nicoloff DM, Arom KV. The Initial United States Experience with the ATS Mechanical Cardiac Valve Prosthesis. The Heart Surgery Forum #2001-6548, p346-353.
21. Maron BJ, Mathenge R, Casey SA, Poliac L, Longe TF. Clinical Profile of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Identified DE Novo in Rural Communities. J Am Coll Cardiol 1999; 33:1590-5.
22. Crosby A, Longe TF. Carcinosarcoma of the Heart, 2nd Place Award, Poster, American College of Physicians, Minnesota Chapter Meeting, 1996
23. Mooney MR, Mooney JF, Longe TF, Brandenburg RO Jr. Effect of Balloon Material on coronary Angioplasty. Am J Cardiol 1992, Jun1; 69:17, 1481-2
24. Pederson WR, Walker M, Olson JD, Gobel F, Lange HW, Daniel JA, Rogers J, Longe TF et al. Value of Transesophageal Echocardiography as an Adjunct to Transthoracic Echocardiography in Evaluation of Native and Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis. Chest 1991, Aug 100:2, 351-6
25. Mooney MR, Mooney JF, Madison JD, VanTassel RA, Gobel FL, Longe TF et al. Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty in the Setting of Large Intracoronary Thrombi: In-hospital Outcomes. Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery: Interventions 1988, p21
26. Mooney MR, Mooney JF, Madison JD, VanTassel RA, Gobel FL, Longe TF et al. Intravenous Thrombolysis Followed by Delayed Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty. Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery: Interventions 1988, p88
27. Longe TF, Fintel D, Davison R, Kaplan K. Does Pronounced Precordial ST Depression Induced by Exercise After Inferior Myocardial Infarction Reflect Anterior Wall Ischemia? Clin Res 35(3): 298A, 1987
28. Longe TF, Cieszkowski JH, Gangadharan V, Timmis H. Bjork-Shiley Mitral Valve Disc Embolization with Survival. Poster. American College of Physicians, Michigan Regional Chapter Meeting, 1983
29. Terris JM, Cohen EL, Crudup JW, Woolverton H, Longe TF, Bohr DF.
VERIFIED PATIENT REVIEWS
The following ratings and reviews are based on verified feedback collected from independently administered patient experience surveys. The ratings and comments submitted by patients reflect their own views and opinions. Patient identities are withheld to ensure confidentiality and privacy.