NCH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) DAILY UPDATE
Updated at noon daily
As of today, Monday, April 6th:
- NCH Healthcare has sent a total of 1,632 specimens for testing since the onset of the virus.
- NCH Healthcare is treating 25 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- NCH Healthcare has discharged 34 COVID-19 patients with directions to self-isolate as they continue to improve.
There have been 4 individuals under our care who have passed away due to complications from COVID-19. Our thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends of these individuals.
NCH Employee Quarantine and Self-isolation: Currently, there are 5 employees quarantined from NCH Baker Hospital and 24 employees quarantined from NCH North Naples Hospital. Additionally, 3 employees are self-quarantined due to recent travel.
A Message of Hope from CEO Paul Hiltz
NCH Physician Group providers are using telemedicine to provide access to care to patients in their practices. Please use the coupon code “NCHVC” in order to have the visit at no charge.
Telehealth: NCH has partnered with AmericanWell (Amwell) to provide Virtual Care services to the community. Those who would like to check in with a provider any time of the day or night are able to log on to a visit. Providers will escalate the virtual care to one of our Immediate Care locations if additional services are needed. The community is able to access our virtual care visits for $0, at no cost, during this time of our COVID pandemic.
Virtual Care is able to help with ailments such as:
- Back Strains
- Cold Sores
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Common Cold
- Influenza (Flu)
- Minor Burns
- Sinus Infections
- Stomach Flu
- Upper Respiratory Illness
- Yeast Infections
The AmericanWell providers can also screen patients for symptoms of COVID-19 and will refer those who may need testing for this virus to NCH Immediate Care. Patients who need Immediate Care services are able to gain access to care 7 days per week and are encouraged to save their place in line, avoiding long waits in our lobby areas, through our “wait at home” queue.
Telemedicine: NCH Physician Group has contracted with SecureVideo to extend virtual provider visit invitations. These telemedicine visits are documented in Cerner and are considered the same as an office visit during the COVID emergency. In an effort to continue to care for our patients, and acknowledging efforts to social distance, providers are evaluating the needs of the patient to have as much care as possible completed remotely.
More Telehealth/Telemedicine Information:
Mobile/Drive Thru Testing
*Update* NCH continues to offer mobile testing at the Downtown Baker Hospital Telford Parking garage. We have increased the number of slots available for next week, April 6-10, and are able to offer testing for up to 50 patients per day. We require a physician’s order and updated insurance information when making the appointment. These tests will be billed through Quest Diagnostics.
Phone: 239-624-4443, OPTION 1
Cash Price for COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
Diagnostic tests for COVID-19 performed at an NCH Hospital Location will be billed at $69 per test. This excludes Mobile testing which is billed through Quest Diagnostics.
In this challenging time for our community we need your help.
We are requesting donations for any protective gear, including:
• Masks (any kind)
• Gowns/ Suits (Tyvek or any suits)
• Hand sanitizers
There have been some questions as to how to safely make a hand-sewn mask. The following tips should be observed when making hand-sewn masks:
1. Mask fabric should be prewashed in hot water and dried to pre-shrink the fabric to provide better protection.
2. Two fabric layers are better than one layer.
3. Elastic ear loops are preferred.
4. Please freshly launder after sewing is completed.
5. Place one mask each in a ziplock bag for distribution.
Please deliver supplies Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. to NCH Central Campus (2157 Pine Ridge Rd, Naples, FL 34109). Our security guard will receive the items.
We have restricted all visitors effectively immediately, however we recognize that there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. In these cases, visitors will be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). Exceptions include the following:
- Pediatric visitors are limited to parents and/or guardians; maximum of 2 people per patient. One parent/guardian may sleep in the room overnight.
- Birthplace visitors are limited to one support person per patient.
- Emergency Room visitors are encouraged to wait outside the hospital. Visitors who cannot wait outdoors will wear a surgical mask and wash their hands. Visitors who cannot/will not wear a surgical mask properly will be politely excused from the building.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) may have one birth parent plus one significant other.
All non-urgent surgeries and procedures remain postponed until further notice. Business resumes as usual for urgent cases.
Both NCH Wellness (Briggs and Whitaker) facilities remain closed and all memberships will be put on hold during this time. We are also postponing screening visits at all NCH Imaging locations. This will include mammogram, bone density, CT cardiac score and CT chest screening exams. Patients with existing appointments will be contacted and rescheduled.