NCH means Nurses Care Here
Welcome to the NCH Professional Nursing Website! This site highlights the initiatives and amazing programs that our nurses have helped designed to sustain a positive healthcare work environment that cares about nurses. Continue reading to learn more about how NCH supports our nurses’ career success and why our patients say…."NCH means Nurses Care Here"
Nursing Mission, Vision and Promise
Our mission is to provide compassionate, safe, quality care, embracing the unique needs of patients and their families in our community.
Our vision is to be the preferred destination for nursing services, while providing compassionate, quality care to our patients.
NCH Caring Processes:
NCH adopted Jean Watson's 10 Caring Processes and Theory of Human Caring to guide care delivery. It was important that the processes were meaningful to the NCH nurse. The adapted NCH Caring Processes apply to patients, their families, and ourselves.
1. Practice self-awareness and provide compassionate care
2. Are mindful to alternate values and beliefs
3. Respect ethical spiritual, and culture differences
4. Cultivate and nourish trusting relationships
5. Connect with each other by listening and practicing empathy
6. Collaborate to problem-solve using caring practices
7. Learn, teach, and grow together
8. Promote a healing environment
9. Sustain human dignity
10. Provide open, non-judgmental, and heart-centered care
New to Practice - Nurse Residency Program
NCH Healthcare System is proud to offer a Nurse Residency Program to help you navigate your role as a graduate or new to acute care nurse.
We will guide your transition to professional practice by supporting your orientation and ongoing professional development needs. Throughout the one-year program you will focus on delegation and time management, nursing quality and safety, skill development, stress management, research and evidence-based practice, ethical decision making, and communication and conflict management skills.
For more information about our Nurse Residency Program please check out this flyer.
Transitions to Practice - Specialty Fellowship Programs
Specialty Fellowships are designed to help transition nurses from medical/surgical practice to a specialty practice area. The curriculum is a blended learning model comprised of on-line learning, classroom didactic, skills validation and clinical practice with an experienced preceptor. Fellowships are 16-20 weeks in length.
- Critical Care
- Emergency Department
- Surgical Services
- Mother/Baby and L&D
- Preceptor Program
- Nurse Manager Academy
- Charge Nurse Academy
- Specialty Fellowship Programs
- Interdisciplinary Grand Rounds
- Nursing CE Programs Offered
- 100% reimbursement at the membership rate for certification exam fees
- 100% reimbursement at the membership rate for certification renewal
- On-site certification prep review courses for several national certifications at no charge to nursing employees
- Participates in ANCC Success Pays® Program
- Generous tuition reimbursement benefit after 90 days of employment
- Nursing Scholarships offered through our Center of Philanthropy
EXCEL Clinical Ladder Program
- 4 Professional nursing levels
- Focus on professional growth and development
- Level 2, 3, and 4 are bonus eligible
- CARING Award
- DAISY Award
- Annual Nursing Excellence Awards
- Annual Professional Certification Celebration
Technology in Nursing
- Smart Rooms
- Cerner electronic health record
NCH Nursing Careers
Address: 350 7th Street North, Naples FL 34102
Phone: (239) 624-4500
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm