The NICU Snugglers program is FULL.
Please do not complete an application if you are exclusively interested in that role.
Check back here for updates on the NICU Snugglers program.
Volunteers have been making a difference at NCH Healthcare System for over 60 years.
We offer volunteer opportunities at our two main hospital locations, and several off-site facilities.
Volunteer programs are available for full-time and seasonal residents, and local college students.
Now Accepting Adult Volunteer Applications
We are currently accepting adult volunteer applications for volunteers (18+) to serve in the following roles/departments:
- Arts in healing
- Concierge and guest relations
- Courtesy cart drivers
- Dog visitation
- Emergency department
- Gift shops
- Music practitioners
- Office assistance
- Patient and family waiting areas
- Spiritual care
- Volunteer office
Attention college students:
Before completing an application, please ensure that you meet the college student eligibility requirements. The deadline to serve during the summer months has passed.
College students are eligible to volunteer if:
- Student is enrolled at a local college or university; please apply with collegiate email address.
- Student is a dual enrolled high school student, taking classes at a local college or university; please apply with collegiate email address.
- Student can make a six-month commitment to volunteering; serving one four-hour shift each week.
Adult Volunteers and College Students
Click Below to Apply
2023 VolunTeen Program
NCH Healthcare System will welcome back VolunTeens in 2023!
The NCH VolunTeen program will operate for eight weeks over the summer and provide local high school students with the opportunity to volunteer in a healthcare setting.
Participants in this program enjoy volunteering in areas such as surgical family waiting room, infection prevention, physical therapy, patient concierge and more!
NCH VolunTeen Program Requirements
- Be at least 16 years of age before June 5, 2023
- Entering Junior or Senior year for the 2023-2024 School Year
- Complete 50 hours of service during program; two 4-hour shifts per week
- Have a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
After submitting the application, you will receive an email confirmation that includes a link to sign up for an interview. You must schedule and attend an interview for consideration in the program.
The application deadline is March 24,2023.
Space in the program is limited and available volunteer positions will be posted after acceptance.
2023 VolunTeen Program Dates
June 5, 2023 – July 28, 2023