Welcome to the NCH professional nursing website. This page highlights the initiatives and programs that our nurses have helped designed to sustain a positive healthcare work environment that cares about nurses. Continue reading to learn more about how NCH supports our nurses’ career success and why our patients say: “NCH means: Nurses Care Here.”
NCH Caring Process
NCH adopted Jean Watson’s 10 Caring Processes and Theory of Human Caring to guide care delivery. It was important that the processes were meaningful to each of the NCH nurses. The adapted NCH caring processes apply to patients, their families and nurses.
- Practice self-awareness and provide compassionate care
- Be mindful to alternate values and beliefs
- Respect ethical, spiritual and culture differences
- Cultivate and nourish trusting relationships
- Connect with each other by listening and practicing empathy
- Collaborate to problem-solve using caring practices
- Learn, teach and grow together
- Promote a healing environment
- Sustain human dignity
- Provide open, non-judgmental and heart-centered care
New to Practice - Nurse Residency Program
NCH Healthcare System is proud to offer a nurse residency program to help you navigate your role as a graduate or new to acute care nurse.
We will guide your transition to professional practice by supporting your orientation and ongoing professional development needs. Throughout the one-year program, you will focus on delegation and time management, nursing quality and safety, skill development, stress management, research and evidence-based practice, ethical decision making and communication and conflict management skills.
Transitions to Practice - Specialty Fellowship Programs
Specialty fellowships are designed to help transition nurses from medical/surgical practice to a specialty practice area. The curriculum is a blended learning model comprised of on-line learning, classroom didactic, skills validation and clinical practice with an experienced preceptor. Fellowships are 16-20 weeks in length.
- Generous tuition reimbursement benefit after 90 days of employment
- Nursing scholarships offered through our Center of Philanthropy >
EXCEL Clinical Ladder Program
- 4 professional nursing levels
- Focus on professional growth and development
- Level 2, 3 and 4 are bonus eligible
- Preceptor Program
- Nurse Manager Academy
- Charge Nurse Academy
- Specialty Fellowship Programs
- Interdisciplinary Grand Rounds
- Nursing CE Programs Offered
- CARING Award
- DAISY Award
- Annual Nursing Excellence Awards
- Annual Professional Certification Celebration
Start Your Nursing Career Today
NCH Nursing Careers
Our mission is to provide compassionate, safe, quality care, embracing the unique needs of patients and their families in our community.
Our vision is to be the preferred destination for nursing services, while providing compassionate, quality care to our patients.
Want to show your appreciation for an extraordinary nurse? Nominate them for the DAISY Award!
Want to show your appreciation for an extraordinary technician or technologist? Nominate them for the CARING Award!
Professional Practice Model
The Professional Practice Model (PPM) at NCH is a framework that reflects NCH nurses’ values and beliefs of professional nursing practice and describes elements that guide nursing in delivering optimal patient outcomes. The PPM is patient and family-centered and elements that guide nursing practice are described as collaboration, quality and safety, innovation, shared decision-making, teamwork and professional development.
The purpose of shared governance at NCH Healthcare System is SG schematic to create an innovative process which empowers nurses at all levels to contribute collaboratively to ownership of nursing practice, standards and quality of care and to effectively respond to change. It is founded on the cornerstone principles of equity, teamwork, accountability and autonomy. All nurses have the professional obligation to participate in developing the future of nursing at NCH Healthcare System.