Welcome to the Wellness Centers by the NCH Healthcare System. Our unique facilities are designed to reflect the highest quality aspirations of what health care should be.
Our personalized approach takes wellness to a whole new level, making it easier to achieve your health and wellness goals.
General Etiquette and Policies
Alcohol, Smoking and Drug Policy
No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on any NCH property. Use of alcohol and drugs will result in member termination. NCH Healthcare system and Wellness Centers are nicotine-free environments. Smoking, use of tobacco and e-cigarettes are prohibity on all NCH Healthcare System campuses.
Consistent with NCH Healthcare System’s policy, guns, knives and other weapons are not allowed on the premises.
No solicitation or promotion of products, services, or events is permitted on the premises without prior written approval from NCH Healthcare System. Member petitions are not allowed.
For your comfort and safety, all members are expected to wear proper workout attire for their particular activities.
Suitable exercise clothes and footwear are required in all areas of the facility. Rubber-soled tennis or athletic shoes are required at all times. Sandals, Crocs, open-toed shoes, heel-less shoes, flip flops and any other similar style shoes are not allowed on the exercise floor. Cleats are only permitted in the cycling studio, and may not be worn in other areas of the facilities. We ask that cycle participants wear soft-toed shoes into the center and only change into cleats when they enter the cycling studio.
Clothing with offensive language/designs/pictures are not permitted. If it is determined by management that a member’s clothing is unacceptable, he/she may be asked to change their clothes or leave the facility.
Swimmers must towel off prior to entering the locker rooms. Swimmers must have their shirts and shoes on before entering the lobby or fitness area. Swimwear in the whirlpool and outdoor pool, swimwear or towel in sauna and coverage with a towel or clothing is required in all other areas of the locker room. Swimsuits are not permitted in any exercise area other than the pool or sauna. Thongstyle swimsuits are not permitted.
NCH Healthcare System video surveillance is used in the whirlpool, sauna, and lobby areas of the locker rooms as well as in the fitness areas throughout the facility to monitor safety and policy compliance. Video surveillance is not used in the showers, bathroom stalls, locker areas or changing areas.
Cell Phones and Cameras
For the safety and security of our members and guests, speaking on a cell phone is limited to the main lobby and locker room lobbies. All other areas are strictly prohibited.
Photos and videos are not permitted on the wellness center property without advanced management approval.
Members are expected to behave in a quiet, well-mannered fashion. Harassment of fellow members, guest or staff, either verbally or physically is not permitted. This may include verbal abuse, use of profanity or other abusive language, intimidation, staring at or following another person within the facility, sexual harassment or harassment on the account of race, religion, ethnic background, gender or sexual orientation.
Disrespectful and inappropriate conduct, behavior and/or other actions that negatively impact our guests, staff or other members will not be tolerated and may result in ejection from the facility and/or revocation of membership. Indecent exposure, voyeurism, exhibitionism, or other lewd and lascivious acts are prohibited by law. Any criticism regarding guests, other members, or staff must be relayed to the management in private.
Your opinion matters.
When you have a suggestion, compliment, comment or complaint about the facility or programs, tell us immediately by completing a comment card and dropping it in one of the suggestion boxes located at the front desk or speak with one of our Wellness Staff.
Management wants to understand your needs and suggestions to continually improve the facility.
Lost and Found
The Wellness Centers are not responsible for any lost or stolen items belonging to members or their guests. Valuables should be stored in lockers. Lost items will be held for 30 days and then donated to a local charity. Wellness Staff are not permitted to hold members’ personal items (keys, phones, groceries, etc.). Complimentary, daily lockers are available for all members and guests.
Safety and First Aid
Members and guests should observe all posted signs and use caution while exercising at the facility. First Aid kits and an AED machine are available in the facility. Wellness Staff neither carry nor administer any type of medication, including over the counter medications (i.e. Tylenol, Aspirin).
In the event of an emergency, 911 is contacted. If you have or see a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911 and notify the Wellness Staff immediately.
Group Fitness Etiquette and Policies
- Membership includes complimentary access to all group exercise classes except Pilates Reformer classes.
- NCH Wellness reserves the right to limit class size.
- Advanced registration may be required for specific classes. Refer to the group exercise schedule. If applicable, a sign-up sheet is available at the front desk 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
- You must be present to sign-up for a class.
- Allow class participants time to exit before entering for a new class.
- Members may not use stereo equipment in group exercise studios.
- Do not enter group exercise studios after classes have begun.
- Reserving spots in class for other members is not allowed.
- Wipe down equipment used during class including mats.
- Classes and schedules subject to change and cancellations.
- Lights, temperature and music may not be adjusted by members.
Fitness Area Etiquette and Policies
- Children under 12 are not permitted within the fitness areas.
- Children ages 12-15 must be directly accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times and within all areas of the facility, including locker rooms.
- Siblings cannot substitute a Parent/Guardian.
- Food and open containers are not allowed in the workout areas.
- Water bottles with lids are acceptable.
- Personal exercise circuits can only be set up in group exercise rooms when not in use.
- Please observe the 20-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment if informed that another member is waiting.
- Inform a member if you are waiting.
- Please allow other members to “work in” when performing multiple sets on strength training equipment.
- Members may not provide personal training or exercise instruction to other members in the Wellness Center, even if funds are not exchanged. Only NCH contracted personal trainers may personal train.
- Members may not lead informal exercise classes in the facility.
- Do not sit on machines and talk while others are waiting.
- There is no “holding of machines” for buddies or personal training clients; equipment is used on a first-come, first serve basis.
- All equipment must be returned to its appropriate storage area after use.
- Weights must be re-racked.
- Group exercise equipment must remain in the studios
- Wipe off cardiovascular and strength training equipment after each use with the disinfectant wipes.
- Wipes should not be used for personal hygiene (wiping hands, face, etc.).
- Perfumes, lotions, and colognes often times become stronger as the wearer’s body temperature increases. Refrain from wearing heavy perfumes, lotions, or colognes.
- Perfumes are not to be sprayed in Group Exercise studios or on gym floor.
- Due to the high risk of injury, we recommend you use a spotter when training with free weights.
- Weights are not to be dropped or thrown. Raise and lower weights in a controlled manner.
- Refrain from yelling, using profanity, banging weights and making loud sounds.
- Keep towels away from moving parts of machines.
- Members must provide their own FM headset for television listening.
- Wellness Staff are not permitted to make channel changes upon a member’s request.
- Report any injuries or equipment problems to the Wellness Staff immediately.
- Headphones must be used with all personal, portable music devices.
- Members may not bring in personal exercise equipment of any type except for yoga and/ or fitness mats.
Whirlpool, Sauna, Steam Room Etiquette and Policies
For your convenience, locker rooms have showers, lockers, vanity areas and private changing areas.
Bath towels are not provided but are available for sale.
- Secure and lock your valuables. NCH Wellness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Wellness staff will not hold keys, purses, phones or other personal items.
- Day-use lockers are complimentary and are locked by using a 4-number code of your choice. If you use a day-use locker, you must take your personal items home when you leave each day. Any items left in a day-use locker overnight will be removed, and the items placed in lost and found.
- Lost and found items and items removed from day use lockers will be donated to charity after 30 days. NCH Wellness is not responsible for items left by members.
- Permanent lockers are available for a monthly fee.
- Children under 12 are not permitted in locker room area.
- Children ages 12-15 are allowed in locker room but must be directly accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Siblings cannot substitute a parent/guardian
- Shaving, shampooing, bodily grooming/cleansing is prohibited in the pool, whirlpool, saunas and steam rooms.
- Swimwear is required in the whirlpool and outdoor pool. Swimwear or coverage with a towel is required in the sauna and coverage with a towel or clothing is required in all other areas of the locker room.
- Please assist in keeping the locker rooms clean and tidy.
- A steam room is available in the women’s locker room only at Whitaker Wellness.
- Sauna and whirlpool users must be 16 years of age or above.
- Do not apply oils or lotions prior to or while using the wet areas.
- Bandages may not be worn in pools or whirlpools.
- Do not enter any wet area (pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room) with open sores, rashes, or if you have a contagious illness.
- If you have high blood pressure, heart problems or other condition aggravated by heat, consult your physician before using the whirlpool, sauna or stream room.
Pool Etiquette and Policies
- Swimwear is required in the whirlpool.
- Swimwear or towel coverage is required in the sauna and steam room.
- Exercising is not allowed in sauna, whirlpool or steam room.
- Do not put fluids on the lava rock in the sauna or hose down the steam room thermostat.
- Whirlpool temperature is 102 to 104 degrees F.
- Limit usage to 15 minutes
- No more than six (6) persons in sauna, whirlpool or steam room at same time.
- Shower prior to entering the whirlpool, including after using the sauna or steam room.
- The outdoor pool located at the Brigg’s Wellness center is four (4) lanes, 25 meters long and the temperature is maintained at 84 degrees.
- Due to the volume of users, it is usually necessary to share lanes in the pool. During aquatic classes, some or all lanes will be closed to accommodate class participants. Please refer to the Brigg’s Wellness pool schedule for class times.
- There is no lifeguard on duty at the pool.
- Towel off prior to leaving pool/wet areas.
- Always shower on-site before entering the pool or using the steam room, whirlpool, or sauna. This is a Health Department regulation.
- Bathing suits are required (no thong swim wear).
- Personal belongings that are brought in the pool areas shall be contained in a gym bag or other suitable carrier to allow for a speedy and efficient exit.
- Children under age 12 are not allowed in pool. Children between ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a parent at all times
- No food, gum or drinks are allowed in the pool area except for water in plastic containers.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted in wet areas.
Massage Etiquette and Policies
- Massage therapy is offered to members and non-members as an extra fee service.
- Please see the front desk for pricing.
- Massages are available by appointment only.
- Massage clients must check-in for their appointment at the front desk.
- Appointments may not be scheduled more than 6 months in advance.
- Call the facility or visit the front desk to schedule an appointment.
- All members, guests, and NCH employees are required to have a valid credit card, EFT form and signed massage consent on file prior to scheduling an appointment regardless of the payment method. This includes those paying with a Series Sale Package, gift card or gift certificate.
- Appointments not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance will be charged to your account or credit card on file.
- It is the client’s responsibility to remember their scheduled appointment.
- Courtesy email reminders can be sent by updating your email on file at the front desk.
- NCH Wellness Centers do not provide massage services to minors under the age of thirteen (13) or pregnant women.
- A parent/guardian of any child under 18 must complete and sign the provided Parental Permission Form prior to the minor receiving the massage service.
- The form must be signed and dated by the parent/guardian in the presence of a Wellness Staff member, and the staff member observing the completion of the form must also sign and date the form.
- Children ages 13-17 must have a parent/guardian seated in the massage room throughout the entire service session while the minor is receiving his/her massage service.
- Minors must be scheduled with the same gender therapist
- Single massages and massage packages are non-refundable.
- Massages are non-transferable/shareable.
- Single massages and/or specialty packages may not be used by other members or non-members.
- If purchasing as a gift, the service must be purchased at the recipient’s rate.
- Massage packages expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Member and non-member pricing is available.
Pilates Reformer Etiquette and Policies
- Pilates Reformer sessions are available by appointment only and at an additional fee.
- A class schedule is available but you must book your class.
- Classes are booked on a first come first serve basis and may not be scheduled more than six months in advance.
- All Pilates Reformer attendees must have a valid credit card on file prior to registering.
- Pilates participants must check-in at the front desk and pay for the appointment prior to attending class
- Participants will be charged the full price of the Pilates session for cancellations with less than a 24 hour notice.
- Pilates Reformer packages expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Member and non-member pricing is available.
- Pilates sessions and packages are non-refundable.
- Pilates sessions are non-transferrable.
- Single Pilates sessions and/or specialty packages may not be used by other members or non-members. If purchasing as a gift, the service must be purchased at the recipient’s rate.
- Pilates Reformer machines are only accessible through group or private class formats.
- Perfumes, lotions, and colognes often times become stronger as the wearer’s body temperature increases. Refrain from wearing heavy perfumes, lotions, or colognes. Perfumes are not to be sprayed in Group Exercise studios or on gym floor.