NAPLES, Fla. – Nov. 3, 2021 NCH is one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care for the seventh year in a row, as well as being recognized in five other specialties, according to new research released by Healthgrades. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 31 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions.
Hospitals like NCH Healthcare System who have achieved the Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals recognition have demonstrated exceptional quality of care. At 50 years and counting, the NCH Healthcare System has been providing cardiac services to our community longer than any other medical facility in Collier County. This half century of experience combined with the dedication of our medical team and exceptional patient outcomes have led NCH to be named as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades for the seventh year in a row.
From 2018-2020, patients treated at hospitals receiving the America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award have, on average, a 27.8% lower mortality risk than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the award.*
“At the NCH Heart Institute, we are transforming cardiac care. We’re not only committed to providing our patients with clinical excellence, we’re committed to strengthening our foundation in research, education, and innovation,” said Robert J. Cubeddu, MD, President of the NCH Heart Institute. “I am proud to lead the award-winning NCH Heart Institute because it’s truly a comprehensive cardiac care organization.”
NCH was also recognized for the following clinical achievements:
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ for four years in a row (2019-2022)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care™ for three years in a row (2020-2022)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care™ for three years in a row (2020-2022)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care™ for three years in a row (2020-2022)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Surgery™ for two years in a row (2021-2022)
“Exceptional, quality care has always been a top priority at NCH,” said Paul Hiltz, President and CEO of the NCH Healthcare System. “Recognition for this achievement goes to members of our dedicated cardiac team, as well as all the other men and women who made each of our other Healthgrades awards possible.”
Healthgrades recognizes a hospital’s quality achievements for cohort-specific performance, specialty area performance and overall clinical quality.
* Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2018 through 2020 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only.