Exceptional Choices for Patients
NCH believes that good health care begins with patient choice. We are dedicated to providing the best care and experience for all of our patients and visitors. We know that everyone relies on their doctor as a guide through medical concerns. And, we know that quality care in convenient settings is important. That’s why we offer a wide range of choices in services, physicians and locations.
Patient and Visitor Information
NCH Healthcare System COVID-19 Hospital Visitation Policy
Limited General Visiting Hour Guidelines
(effective Thursday, September 23, 2021)
As the number of COVID hospitalizations continue to decrease at NCH, we will once again be allowing limited visitation by the family members and loved ones of our patients at any of the restricted times shown below for the following areas:
- General units: 12:00—6:00 p.m., one (1) visitor per patient at a time
- COVID units: virtual visitation only, except for compassionate care
- Critical care: 12:00—1:00 p.m. and 5:00—6:00 p.m., one (1) visitor per patient at a time
- Emergency department: virtual visitation only, except for parents of minors
- Brookdale rehabilitation: 12:00—6:00 p.m.
- Behavioral health unit (4SE): 5:00—6:00 p.m.
- Birthplace and NICU: all hours: one (1) visitor at a time, 18-years or older
- Pediatrics: all hours: one (1) visitor at a time, 18-years or older
Visitors are required to wear a hospital supplied face mask for the entire time on campus and during patient visitation. Loved ones are encouraged to limit their visit to the patient’s room and refrain from stopping in other departments.
Common gathering rooms, such as family waiting rooms, remain closed. The cafeteria is available to visitors in need of a meal or snack where dining restrictions will apply.
- Upon arrival to the hospital lobby, all visitors must practice social distancing tothe extent possible and complete a screening process
- General visiting is limited to one visitor, age 12 and over, per patient at a time (except pediatrics).
- Visiting for patients in isolation will be determined by clinical staff, on a case by case basis.
- Visitors are required to wear a hospital supplied face mask for the entire time on campus, and during patient visitation.
- Visitors will perform hand hygiene on entry to the hospital and upon entry to the patients’ room.
- Visitors should go directly to the unit/department and report to the registration/nursing station on arrival.
- Visitors are encouraged to limit visitation to the patient’s room and refrain from stopping in other departments. Common gathering rooms such as family rooms are not available. The cafeteria is available to visitors in need of nourishment. Dining restrictions will apply.
- Upon exiting the patient room, visitors will wash/sanitize hands again.
- Patients are encouraged to wear a face mask during visitation (if tolerated).
- Visitors who violate visitation guidelines may be asked to leave the facility.