Exceptional Choices for Patients
NCH believes that good health care begins with patient choice. We are dedicated to providing the best care and experience for all of our patients and visitors. We know that everyone relies on their doctor as a guide through medical concerns. And, we know that quality care in convenient settings is important. That’s why we offer a wide range of choices in services, physicians and locations.
Patient and Visitor Information
NCH Healthcare System COVID-19 Hospital Visitation Policy
Limited General Visiting Hour Guidelines
- General units and critical care: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Emergency department: All hours- one visitor, family unit with minors
- Brookdale rehabilitation: 12 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Behavioral health (4SE): 1-2 p.m. and 6-6:45 p.m.
- Birthplace and NICU: All hours – one visitor at a time, 18 years+
- Pediatrics: All hours – parents/guardians, 18 years+
COVID-19 Visitation Policies
- Upon arrival to the hospital lobby, all visitors must practice social distancing to the extent possible and complete a screening process.
- General visiting is limited to two visitors, age 12 and over, per patient at a time (Except Birthplace, NICU and Pediatrics).
- Visiting for patients in isolation will be determined by clinical staff, on a case by case basis.
- Visitors are required to wear a hospital supplied face mask for the entire time on campus, and during patient visitation.
- Visitors will perform hand hygiene on entry to the hospital and upon entry to the patients’ room.
- Visitors should go directly to the unit/department and report to the registration/nursing station on arrival.
- Visitors are encouraged to limit visitation to the patient’s room and refrain from stopping in other departments.
- Common gathering rooms such as family rooms are not available. The cafeteria is available to visitors in need of nourishment. Dining restrictions will apply.
- Upon exiting the patient room, visitors will wash/sanitize hands again.
- Patients are encouraged to wear a face mask during visitation (if tolerated).
- Visitors who violate visitation guidelines may be asked to leave the facility.