Welcome to NCH Maternity Services
The only comprehensive birthing center in Collier County with 3,600 births annually, the BirthPlace at NCH is committed to providing the most memorable experience for you and your entire family.
The multidisciplinary team of experienced healthcare professionals focus on the comfort and safety of you and your baby. Your team of professionals may include an obstetrician, perinatologist, pediatrician, neonatologist, anesthesiologist, nursing and other ancillary services.
We are committed to providing the best quality in healthcare, always involving you and your family in shared decisions and choices throughout your birthing experience.
Take a Virtual Tour of The NCH BirthPlace
NCH Healthcare System is proud to provide award-winning labor and delivery services
OB emergency care
OB Hospitalist Group and Obstetric Emergency Department (OBED) at NCH North Naples Hospital
As of December 2021, NCH has partnered with the largest OB hospitalist provider in the nation, OB Hospitalist Group, to have an experienced team of Obstetric (OB) clinicians on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to offer collaborative, non-competitive support to the local OBs.
The team will also provide 24/7 emergency OB services through the new Obstetric Emergency Department (Obstetric ED) at NCH North Naples Hospital to ensure that every patient, regardless of physician association or time of day, is seen by an OB immediately should there be an emergency.
If you are referred by your OB physician to NCH for services not available in their office, such as a nonstress test, biophysical profiles, iron infusion, RhoGAM and betamethasone, an order will be required.
These services are by appointment only, please discuss with your obstetrician’s office staff to schedule it. NCH has an OB emergency department, if you arrive at our facility without an appointment, we are required by Federal EMTALA regulations to treat you as an emergency room patient.
To avoid this, please have an appointment and order from your OB physician.
Featured Services Include:
- Extensive childbirth education programs which cover a full array of classes for expectant parents, grandparents, siblings, C-section classes, infant care and infant CPR
- Five triage rooms for labor checks, pre-admission visits, admissions, outpatient visits
- Spacious private labor suites with state-of-the-art fetal monitoring
- 24 hours on-site anesthesia/epidural service to manage labor comfort and to be available for emergencies
- Surgical suites located within the BirthPlace for C-sections, with adjacent recovery area
- Progressive care rooms for moms with complications during any point of her pregnancy or afterward
- Extensive commitment to uninterrupted skin to skin for the full “golden hour” after both vaginal deliveries and cesarean sections to benefit both mom and baby
- Maternal fetal medicine
- 18 bed Level II NICU with state of the art technology staffed with 24 hour on site neonatologists for babies with complications
- Family centered care that encourages 24 hour rooming in for mom with her baby in the privacy of spacious rooms, where dad can also be comfortable in a sleeper chair, with wireless Internet connection and guest meals available
- Family kitchen areas provide refrigerators and microwaves
- Princess suites are even larger and include amenities and their own refrigerator and microwave (surcharge upon request for room)
- Board certified lactation consultants and lactation certified nursing staff to encourage and support exclusive breast feeding and provide support while in the hospital
- Dedicated social worker
- On-site newborn hearing screening
- Birth registrar
- On-site newborn photography service