THE BIRTHPLACE NICU
The Neonatal ICU (NICU) within The BirthPlace is the only neonatal intensive care unit in Collier County that provides state-of-the-art and compassionate family-centered, developmentally supportive care for premature and ill newborns.
- Has 24 hour day in house board certified neonatologist coverage (pediatricians who have extra training in taking care of premature and seriously ill newborns).
- Staffed with neonatal ICU trained nurses and respiratory therapists.
- Has pediatric pharmacy and pediatric dietary support, and a pediatric occupational therapy service with a certified feeding specialist. Occupational therapists also provide sensorimotor developmental assessment and intervention and have the capability to follow the babies in our out-patient pediatric rehab clinic.
- Social service managers to assist you upon discharge.
- Lactation support services are available after your discharge. Breast pumps are located in a private lactation suite within the NICU for your convenience.
- Rooming-in support for parents prior to discharge.
We know the birth of your baby is an important and memorable experience and this time may bring some uncertainty. We want to continue to make this experience a positive one while focusing on the comfort and safety of you and your baby. Please review our COVID Birthplace Frequently Asked Questions and Answers by clicking the button below.