The donor center located at 1100 Immokalee Road will be closed Monday, September 5.
Community Blood Center, an affiliate of the NCH Healthcare System, supplies local hospitals with life-saving blood products. Donors who give the gift of life on the blue and white bloodmobiles or at the Naples branch office will ensure that what’s collected here, stays here.
Your donation is important since only three of every 100 people tend to donate. Your blood or platelet donation WILL ensure adequate levels of blood products are available and ready for friends or family who suddenly need them.
News and Announcements
Hurricane Ian Update
NCH COMMUNITY BLOOD CENTER IS MOVING!
The NCH Community Blood Center has relocated the walk-in donor center from the NCH North Naples Hospital to the first floor of the NCH Business Center just one block west of the Hospital.
Our new location will open on Monday, August 1, 2022.
1100 Immokalee Road
Naples, FL 34110
The Community Blood Center hours will remain the same.
- Monday, Thursday, Friday
- 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Closed Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
CURRENT BLOOD SUPPLIES
BLOOD: SHORTAGE OF TYPE O BLOOD!
- Type O: acute need, PLEASE GIVE NOW
- Type A: Type A blood supplies are adequate. Type A blood donors are urged to give platelets instead of donating blood
- Call 239-624-4120 and choose option 3 to inquire or schedule a required platelet donation appointment…
- Effective July 1: All donors who lived anywhere in Europe and/or resided on military bases in Europe ARE NOW ELIGIBLE to donate blood per the FDA!
- All visitors are required to bring and wear face masks to our branch office and bloodmobile blood drive sites.
- Only donors will be permitted on the bloodmobile.
- Find blood drive events by clicking the button below. For more details and contact information, click on the event.
COVID VACCINE INFORMATION
- There is NO deferral time associated with getting the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine or booster for blood or platelet donations. All OTHER COVID vaccines require a 14-day deferral period.
- NCH Community Blood Center is no longer be collecting convalescent plasma or offering antibody testing from recovered donors.
Naples Branch Office Details:
New address effective August 1, 2022:
1100 Immokalee Road
Naples, FL 34110
Located on the first floor of the NCH Business Center, one block west of the NCH North Naples Hospital on south side of Immokalee Road and Arthrex Boulevard.
Whole blood can be donated on the bloodmobile or at the Naples Branch location during posted business hours. No appointment is necessary to give whole blood at the Naples branch location.
Automated red cell, platelet collections, therapeutic and autologous (pre-surgery) phlebotomies are by appointment only.
Monday, Thursday, Friday
8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Closed Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Platelet donations are by appointment only and are done at the Naples branch location listed above.
Criteria to donate platelets:
- You must be aspirin-free within the last 48 hours.
- Some restrictions apply for women who have been pregnant.
- If you wish to donate platelets, please call us at 239-624-4120 and choose option 3 on the phone menu.
- Leave a message with your name and phone number and we will call you back as soon as possible to answer any questions or to schedule your platelet donation appointment.
- It takes about two hours to donate platelets.
- You must eat a meal, be well hydrated with water or juice, and have a photo ID.
Upcoming Blood Mobile Events
Blood drives dates, times and locations are subject to change.
Please contact the Community Blood Center at 239-624-4120 and choose option 4 for the latest updates or sudden changes.
For more details, contact information and a map, click on the event box or the “Learn More” button.
NCH Community Blood Center is urging healthy eligible people to donate blood and platelets now to offset potential shortfalls in blood supplies which often occur this time of year. The process of donating blood and platelets is safe and easy, and people should not hesitate in giving. Your donation will make a profound difference to someone whose life depends upon it.