COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Vaccines for Homebound Seniors
As part of a statewide program, the Florida Division of Emergency Management recently announced a new way for homebound seniors to sign up to have a COVID-19 vaccine come directly to them. Seniors can request the COVID vaccine by emailing their full name and phone number to: Homebound Vaccine.
The Department of Emergency Management will follow up after receiving the email with a phone call to schedule an in-home visit.
GET THE FACTS
NCH Healthcare System COVID-19 Hospital Visitation Policy
Limited General Visiting Hour Guidelines
- General units and critical care: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Emergency department: All hours- one visitor, family unit with minors
- Brookdale rehabilitation: 12 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Behavioral health (4SE): 1-2 p.m. and 6-6:45 p.m.
- Birthplace and NICU: All hours – one visitor at a time, 18 years+
- Pediatrics: All hours – parents/guardians, 18 years+
COVID-19 Visitation Policies
- Upon arrival to the hospital lobby, all visitors must practice social distancing to the extent possible and complete a screening process.
- General visiting is limited to two visitors, age 12 and over, per patient at a time (Except Birthplace, NICU and Pediatrics).
- Visiting for patients in isolation will be determined by clinical staff, on a case by case basis.
- Visitors are required to wear a hospital supplied face mask for the entire time on campus, and during patient visitation.
- Visitors will perform hand hygiene on entry to the hospital and upon entry to the patients’ room.
- Visitors should go directly to the unit/department and report to the registration/nursing station on arrival.
- Visitors are encouraged to limit visitation to the patient’s room and refrain from stopping in other departments.
- Common gathering rooms such as family rooms are not available. The cafeteria is available to visitors in need of nourishment. Dining restrictions will apply.
- Upon exiting the patient room, visitors will wash/sanitize hands again.
- Patients are encouraged to wear a face mask during visitation (if tolerated).
- Visitors who violate visitation guidelines may be asked to leave the facility.
There have been many questions surrounding bed capacity at NCH and we want to assure the community that our hospitals are prepared in that regard.
Under normal, typical operations, NCH has 715 total beds available with 48 of those being designated as critical care beds. However, in the event that NCH had to enact its emergency COVID-19 surge plans, we have the capability of expanding to 1,000 total adult beds with 143 of those being designated as critical care.
It is important to continue to be diligent with wearing a mask. We have seen the results at our healthcare system when we follow the proper process and continue to social distance, wear our PPE and wash our hands. Please encourage your fellow community members to follow these practices and continue to be diligent to help avoid the spread of this virus.
Community members can call their primary care physician to schedule COVID-19 testing or call the Florida Department of Health in Collier County at 239-252-6220. Their hours are seven days a week from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
NCH has partnered with AmericanWell (Amwell) to provide virtual care services to the community. Those who would like to check in with a provider any time of the day or night are able to log on to a visit. Providers will escalate the virtual care to one of our immediate care locations if additional services are needed.
Virtual care is able to help with ailments such as:
- Back strains
- Cold sores
- Common cold
- Influenza (flu)
- Minor burns
- Sinus infections
- Stomach flu
- Upper respiratory illness
- Yeast infections
The AmericanWell providers can also screen patients for symptoms of COVID-19 and will refer those who may need testing for this virus to NCH Immediate Care. Patients who need Immediate Care services are able to gain access to care seven days per week and are encouraged to save their place in line, avoiding long waits in our lobby areas, through our “wait at home” queue.
NCH Physician Group has contracted with SecureVideo to extend virtual provider visit invitations.
These telemedicine visits are documented in Cerner and are considered the same as an office visit during the COVID-19 emergency. In an effort to continue to care for our patients and acknowledging efforts to social distance, providers are evaluating the needs of the patient to have as much care as possible completed remotely.